Knowing Jack, I think I safely say he would have been amused by the different reactions. Just remember when he wrote that I do not think there was a mikyd’s anywhere close to Maynard. Jack was a child of the Bronx which made his love of the outdoors all the more real. Maynard (Mare Assabet) really was desolate in comparison. On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 6:14 AM Dr Iain Maoileoin < iain@csp-partnership.co.uk> wrote: > > On 9 Apr 2022, at 17:23, Clem Cole wrote: > > > > On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 5:29 AM Ron Natalie wrote: > >> If I recall there was a GT40 up on the fourth floor of UMCP's CS >> building. I don't remember spacewar, but there was a luner lander game >> where you tried to land near the lunar McDonalds (if you crashed in to >> it, it chided you for destroying the only McDonalds on the moon). >> >> That's Jack's Moonlander. > > > It is OK for you Americans. We ran the GT40 in Scotland about 1974 (2nd > year undergrad). > > When the astronaut got out and said “a big mac to go” we had absolutely > no idea what he was talking about! > “a big mac” meant nothing and “to go” was just bad grammar. Worse grammar > than the split infinitives in star trek. > > I am sure we did not have a Macdonalds in Scotland at that time. We did > have KFC under the uni - many a late-night chew while solving programming > problems …. > But Macdonalds? They were well into the 80s…... > > It was years later before any of us actually understood what was being > said, but yes, a great way to spend debugging hours in the early hours of > the morning. > I can only just remember the use of the light pen - was that for thrust? > I have no recollection of any keyboard inputs. > > Iain > -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual