FWI: You'll probably have better luck with the KL/DL interface. And it's already in the system, since the console is on the first one. # cp hptmconf myconfnf # echo 3kl >> myconf If you are really adventurous with simh, then configure the DH11 and it's associated DM11 interface, which from a performance standpoint work a lot better and have all the RS-232 signals supported [which is something one of the PiDP folks was recently trying to get going]. # echo 2dh >> myconf # echo dhdm >> myconf ᐧ On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 6:51 PM joseph turco wrote: > hello all, > > i am a new unix user, so please excuse my ignorance. > > I am trying to setup using unixV7 with simh pdp11 emulator. The guide i am > following is by Will Senn (in PDF form). I have been able to successfully > get the machine to boot with unix, and login as root. what i am having > problems with, is trying to get telnet access via dci to work. when i > follow the guide and do the following: > > # cd /usr/sys/conf > # rm l.o c.o > # cp hptmconf myconfnf > # echo 4dc >> myconf > # mkconf < myconf > # make > as - -o l.o l.s > cc -c c.c > ld -o unix -X -i l.o mch.o c.o ../sys/LIB1 ../dev/LIB2 > # sum unix > 10314 > 106 > # ls -l unix > -rwxrwxr-x 1 root > 54122 Dec 31 19:09 unix > etc... > > when i issue the mkconf < myconf command, i get a bunch of text printed > out, but with a 'root device not found'. the sum unix value is different, > as well as the size of the ls -l unix file size.. now when i try booting it > with the newly created mboot.ini file (as per the guide), i go to start up > the system with 'hp(0,0)munix' and it starts but hangs with the text 'fault > devtab' > > what am I doing wrong? > > regards, > > Joseph Turco >