On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Steve Johnson wrote: > Another issue to consider. I once talked with someone who was designing > nuclear reactors. They had a similar requirement to archive their design > simulations. But in this case, part of the requirement was to pass some > standard simulation tests (in FORTRAN, of course). He was complaining that > these programs had bugs and didn't give the right answer. So they ran the > corrected programs to make sure the thing would not blow up, and then > tweaked their parameters so it would pass the buggy program that was > written into law... > > Steve > ​That's not Fortran's problem -- that is our legal system.​ ᐧ -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: