Lars - I love it. I've never seen that part of the curve spelled out and labeled before. ᐧ On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:21 AM Lars Brinkhoff wrote: > "Nelson H. F. Beebe" writes: > > I came across an article today about another major industry that has > > been exceedingly careless about preserving its history > > It's an extenssion of the hype cycle. It starts like this: > > 1. Technology Trigger > 2. Peak of Inflated Expectations > 3. Trough of Disillusionment > 4. Slope of Enlightenment > 5. Plateau of Productivity > > What is usually not pictured is the rest of the curve: > > 6. Dip of Sunset Technology. > 7. Valley of Obsolete Stuff. > 8. Throwing Away of Old Junk. > 9. Resurge of Nostalgia. > 10. Frantic Search on Ebay. > 11. The Even Higher Peak of Collector's Holy Grail. >