Autocorrect. Sigh. Participation. Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 11:02 PM Clem Cole wrote: > FWIW: it is possible rms sent in comments and offered thoughts that we had > to handle. He may consider that as partition. He might have even been at > later .2 meetings after I stopped coming. But he was not at any .1 > meetings and the name was created during that time by Jim Isaak IIRC. > > FWIW Keith Bostics was at some of the .2 meetings Keith might haven there > when we got .1 to the stage and when started the .2 work. I was part of > all off .1 and an early draft of .2. Keith and I wrote the proposal that > became pax after I demonstrated tpio my hack to splice a cpio front end to > tar (I never wrote car). A few meetings later we got the first draft of .2 > out and was pretty much done at that point. > > So if rms joined then it’s possible but the standard was in the oven > before he might have done anything. And since we travelled to different > sites for the meetings and he did not have a firm to cover his travel > costs, I would very surprised he was at many later ones either. > > > Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual > > > On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:46 PM Clem Cole wrote: > >> Garbage. Rms was never at any early IEEE meeting that I was at - you >> could smell him a mile away as he rarely bathed. I certainly knew him in >> those days. I also have an early draft with all participants named and he >> is not one of them!! >> >> Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual >> >> >> On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 9:11 PM Greg 'groggy' Lehey >> wrote: >> >>> On Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 20:44:12 -0400, Clem Cole wrote: >>> > rms had nothing to do with the name posix. I have no idea where that >>> > comment came from. >>> >>> At the very least, from rms himself: >>> https://stallman.org/articles/posix.html >>> There's a reference to this page in the Wikipedia page on POSIX. >>> >>> > The p1003 committee for Ieee was the portable operating system >>> standard and >>> > at the time adding ix was the norm. POSIX became the term we all used >>> to >>> > refer to the work we doing. Rms was not involved in any way >>> >>> rms suggests that he was involved in the committee? Not true? Maybe >>> a different, related committee? >>> >>> Greg >>> -- >>> Sent from my desktop computer. >>> Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. >>> See complete headers for address and phone numbers. >>> This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program >>> reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php >>> >>