Thanks, Will. A mild sigh while reading it though because history seems to often forget Jack Hawley's role. Truth is he did not invent it, but he >>is<< the one that made them and got people to use them (the Xerox Alto's used a Hawley Mouse, DEC would use it, E&S used them etc.). As this article points out, he made about 80% of all the mice used in the 1970s: https://www.oldmouse.com/mouse/hawley/ - certainly the first ones I used at CMU before we got the Altos and then after the first Alto's appeared. Tek's Magnolia used a flavor of the Hawley mouse in 1979 [the ones with buttons horizontal/parallel to the 'body' - the original Alto mouse the buttons were horizontal and colored), but I don't remember what 3Rivers PascAlto used - I think so, but I don't remember. On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:50 PM Will Senn wrote: > All, > > About a week ago, Bill English passed away. He was a Xerox guy, who along > with Douglas Engelbart of "Mother of all demos" fame, created our beloved > mouse: > > https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53638033 > > I remember, back in the mid-1980's being part of a focus group evaluating > Microsoft's mouse. Wow, time flies. > > -Will > > -- > GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462 7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF > >