The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: arnold@skeeve.com
Cc: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Unix, IBM, 370
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 09:15:35 -0500	[thread overview]

IBM owned TCF and it was 100% screwed down into AIX.   The clean room team
which did TNC used many of the ideas but tried to make it layered into 14
separate technologies so customer could pick and choose.   HP originally
picked up the process technology but not the FS work.   DEC was the
reverse.   Novell/Tandem took all it.  HP ended up with all the IP and in
the end released it as FOSS.   Hence the OpenSSI project

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual