On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 4:11 PM Dan Cross wrote: > > I'm going to push back on this slightly: UEFI+ACPI get a bad rap > because, well, they're really pretty bad. Oh sure, some things are > reasonable: the ACPI table formats aren't awful. But I've been inside > a couple of these now and phew golly, they stink pretty badly. > Fair enough. UEFI+ACPI started from BIOS and really should have been a full re-think and write by senior OS people. It was not. The problem for us techies, is that doing that was not going to save or make anyone $s. The problem for management was they wanted to keep the old BIOS around (that's what the customer wanted - cheapest path forward) and unless there was a reason to break from tradition, they were not going too. Apple could (and did) but HP/Dell et al did not want too. ᐧ