Paul, You got me thinking and I'm curious if anyone really knows historically how many sites ran a 32V system? In those days (late 70s/early 80s) the universities that knew and and even many sites inside the Bell System, the Vaxen I ran 4.1BSD (say the Marx's brothers at Whippany along with the Vax in the underseas research lab were we put the AP I did for my thesis). There were a couple in Summit I know, and probably Homdel and I'm guessing in some of the operating companies, but I never got the feeling 32V was popular. The folks with Vaxen that I knew, if you were able to run BSD (4.1 and eventually 4.2), did. Later on the only non-'pure-joy' systems I knew were a couple of Ultrix systems because they wanted the support from DEC and IIRC were using FORTRAN and wanted the DEC compiler which only ran on Ultrix or VMS. Inside of AT&T, I personally think I knew more folks with VMS (Fortran being the key anchor) than those that ran 32V. ᐧ