Sorry, hit return too soon. I remember an old AAUGN newsletter describing it. If I recall it was original done for kermit. The same idea is in tcsh also. Which came first, I don't remember. Cut/pasted from AAUGN Vol8 # 2 ----------------- CCMD: A Version of COMND in C *Andrew Lowry* *Howard Kaye * Columbia University CCMD is a general parsing mechanism for developing User Interfaces to programs. It is based on the functionality of TOP5.20's COMND Jsys. CCMD allows a program to parse for various field types (file names, user names, dates and times, keywords, numbers, arbitrary text, tokens, *etc*.). It is meant to supply a homogeneous user interface across a variety of machines and operating systems for C programs. It currently runs under System V UNIX, 4.2/4.3 BSD, Ultrix 1.2/2.0, and MSDOS. The library defines various default actions (user settable), and allows field completion, help, file indirection, comments, *etc*. on a per field basis. Future plans include command line editing, command history, and ports to other operating systems (such as VMS). CCMD is available for anonymous FTP from [CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU]WS:*.* For further information, send mail to: info-ccmd-request@cu20b.columbia.edu seismo!columbia!cunixc!info-ccmd-request On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 12:03 PM Clem Cole wrote: > https://github.com/PDP-10/sri-nic/blob/master/files/fs/c/ccmd/ccmdmd.unx > > On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:46 AM Richard Salz wrote: > >> Look for "comnd jsys" that exact spelling. Source code is around. >> >> >>>