On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Nevin Liber wrote: > Non-historical observation ... the interesting thing about the paper Larry > linked, for me, is that it exactly describes the huge sucking black hole > that made Linux (or something very much like it) inevitable. Brother, I think you have that right, although I believe it that can be said of a number of the better early OS teams from those days. > It is no coincidence that the same passion we found at Sun working > on SunOS, we also find in the community of developers working on the Linux > kernel. ​+1 for Masscomp, SGI and Apollo​ > I always wondered how many of Sun's Kernel Hackers found their path there. ​From my alumni lists of the teams I was part, many of us are happily hacking away in the FOSS community although, as other responsibilities have come to my life - less and less time for some of it. Clem​ -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: