I’m traveling this weekend so I’m doing this by memory. ISTR The original curses was developed on Ing70 as part of Rogue and that It missed the 2BSD tape by about a year. See if you can find an early Rogue distribution and I think you’ll find it there. If not look in the early net news source distributions. Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 8:04 PM G. Branden Robinson < g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks, > > I'm finding it difficult to find any direct sources on the question in > the subject line. > > Does anyone here have any source material they can point me to > documenting the existence of a port of BSD curses to Unix Version 7? > > I know that curses made it into 2.9BSD for the PDP-11, but that's not > quite the same thing. > > There are comments in System V Release 2's curses.h file[1][2] (very > different from 4BSD's[3]) that suggest some effort to accommodate > Version 7's terminal driver. So I would _presume_ that curses got > ported to Version 7. But that's System V, right when it started > diverging from BSD curses, and moreover, presumption is not evidence. > > Even personal accounts/anecdotes would be helpful. Maybe some of you > _wrote_ curses applications for Version 7 machines. > > Regards, > Branden > > [1] System III apparently did not have curses at all. Both it and 4BSD > were released in 1980. System V Release 1 doesn't seem to, either. > [2] > https://github.com/ryanwoodsmall/oldsysv/blob/master/sysvr2-vax/include/curses.h > [3] > https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=4BSD/usr/include/curses.h >