Very cool On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 9:49 PM Dan Cross wrote: > I've mentioned tangentially this a few times, but over the weekend I > finally got around to dusting off the code and getting it running: > https://github.com/dancrossnyc/rxv64.git > > rxv64 is a rewrite of MIT's xv6, which in turn, reimagines 6th Edition > as a purely pedagogical system, implemented in ISO C for 32-bit SMP > x86 machines. > > Building on xv6, rxv64 is implemented in Rust and targets 64-bit > x86_64. It works well enough to boot up, run a shell, and run > commands, but it doesn't really have much of a userland at present. > > I started this as a pedagogical tool, being something that one could > point working engineers at as an example of a "real" operating system > implemented on real hardware in Rust. The code could surely be made > safer and more comprehensible, but cycles are short at present, and > it's better to just get it out there. > > Have fun. > > - Dan C. > -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual