On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 1:57 PM Greg A. Woods wrote: > As an aside, the DEC VT100 terminal was an early (it came out a year before > X3.64) Yup, It was spec'ed at least a year ahead and its the code was committed before the standard was even in a draft vote. > and relatively complete (for a video terminal application) implementation > of X3.64. > Although different from and the missing stuff was a bear. Originally, VT100 != X3.64 which has caused many issues over the years. The big issue was the lack of a proper insert/delete, it used scrolling regions instead. Kudos to Mary Ann for working through that whole mess years ago! That's why back in the day, I preferred the H19 and later the Ambassador ;-) My memory is that was ECMA that got the DEC changes/differences added/put back/made legal. But originally, there were not. At one point, I had a copy of the internal DEC documentation (which I think I got from Tom Kent who wrote much of the rom code and had been on the committee for DEC at one point, but I don't remember). Clem ᐧ ᐧ