I don't remember, to be honest, I don't think so. When it first was released which was before Linus's famous announcement, the ftp site was from ucbvax and any UCB licensee that asked for got sent a copy of the URL but you had to ask for it. It was not a well kept secret. When the BSDi / UCB vs ATT came later, as Larry said a lot of us who were primarily driven by wanting a 'real unix' for the 386 thought it was about copyright and that's when we looked at Linux. Then it came out that was a TS suit and many of us switched back because Linux lacked networking and X11 On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 8:26 AM Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote: > On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 02:58:08PM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: > > > > Sorry, I was wrong. That particular article was number 16 of the 18 > > part series, as shown at > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/386BSD#Further_reading. It does raise > > the question why the Dr Dobb's search engine didn't find any of them. > > Out of curiosity, did the articles contain download information for a > bootable copy of 386BSD? > > - Ted > -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual