The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: Will Senn <will.senn@gmail.com>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] vi in v7
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 10:45:09 -0400	[thread overview]

2BSD was the BSD for V7.  It was >>not<< a 'distro' as 3.0 and later 2.XBSD
became.   It is just a set of programs and kernel patches that were built
up at UCB.  This was the way different sites released things in those
days.  The "read me" files should tell you what is there and you pick the
binaries (if you have them)  and install them as is and/or recompile from
the makefiles on a case by case basis.

Clem