On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM wrote: > I know after the whole SCO personal licenses and then Ransom Loves’s > making 32v and all prior open was great but apparently it wasn’t his to > give away. Or am I wrong? > Sigh ... Yes... Where did you hear this? On second thought, I really I don't want to know... Whomever is spreading that information is tad uninformed and really does understand what happened. Simply put, the AT&T case made it clear, *the technology has been published*. The issue is closed. It is 'open' - free - 'libre.' It's all public information and has been and was required to be by the US Courts in the AT&T / USL vs UCB/BSDi law suit. It's really not an interesting argument at this point. The US courts made is clear, * AT&T was required to make the barn doors open, and horses left the barn.* This is why >>Novell<< released the implementation (i.e. source code) and* it was Novell's to make available - which again the US courts have already determined. * All of this has been discussed here and elsewhere and really does not need to be rehashed (please). * In fact, *I wrote and published a very long paper about how UNIX can to be. The presentation of same can be seen and the paper downloaded: http://technique-societe.cnam.fr/colloque-international-unix-en-france-et-aux-etats-unis-innovation-diffusion-et-appropriation--945215.kjsp Clem ᐧ