Oh boy another time sync ;-) Thanks Kevin. Clem On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 1:08 PM Kevin Bowling wrote: > Clem, > > The AIX/386 stuff is readily available http://ps-2.kev009.com/aixps2/ > and can run in virtualbox > > https://astr0baby.wordpress.com/2018/09/14/running-aix-1-3-inside-virtual-box-5-2-16/ > > Regards, > Kevin > > On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:30 AM Clem Cole wrote: > > > > > > > > On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 10:40 PM Gregg Levine > wrote: > >> > >> I've been trying to track down a copy of AIX/370 for > >> that emulator, especially since I do run VM/370 Release 6 on it. One > >> of the people in the community indicated that it was a product > > > > > > I can verify for a fact that Locus received bug reports from all over > the world. There was a team in LA set up to handled them. True, the > customers were reported to be more academic than commercial, but there were > commercial customers.. For instance, I was told that my current employer > ran the simulation for then proposed/in-development 80386 on a 370-PS/2 > cluster under iTCF FWIW: I was under the impression they used TCF to > migrate the very long running simulations from two different processors (I > don't know that for sure, but I have been told that by two different > people, so I'm comfortable repeating it). > > > > I was also told, for an IBM customer to try to get the product was quite > difficult. IBM sales basically tried really hard to not provide it and you > had to know about it and know you to ask to get it. Charlie may know more, > but he was working on AIX/RS-6000 which as has been pointed out was a > separate code base. > > > > As for finding an old copy of AIX/370 or AIX/386 (which are the same > except for specific code that cared), I wish you good luck. IBM kept the > IP locked up. We were firewalled at Locus and the code was only on a > couple of very special systems and access was tightly controlled. I was > not on that team, so I never saw their raw IP ( so I would not be > contaminated as I was one of the TNC architects). But I was allowed to > talk with Bruce and Greg who were the TCF architects. We did all talk > about common issues; but Greg and Bruce stayed out the TNC IP (until after > the IBM contract ended) and myself and Roman stayed out of TCF. > > > > > > Clem > > > > >