On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 1:33 AM Lars Brinkhoff wrote: > Multics was started in 1964 and first went online in 1967, although it > seems likely it wasn't exactly at the top of its game yet. Bell Labs > pulled out in 1969. If that was the 75% point, 100% would be around 1971. > Not to put too fine a point on it, It seems like it would be fair to say Multics was 'complete' by the time Organick published his book: *"**The Multics System: An Examination of Its Structure**.*" Amazon says the 3rd printing was April 72, so that means he must have published it earlier. I don't know when it first appeared and can not seem to find it. My copy is in storage but I bet I have the 3rd printing. But I had >>thought<< that was still in the late 1960s. Anyone have a first edition around with the publication date? ᐧ ᐧ