The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DG UNIX History
@ 2022-11-12 15:54 Clem Cole
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Clem Cole @ 2022-11-12 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society, simh

This recent activity on the simh mailing list WRT to DG Nova and
Ecpilse got me wondering.  At Locus in the 80s and 90s, we did a lot of
work with DG and DG-UX with their later MP-based ports using commercially
available microprocessors (which I have reported was a very nicely done
system, easy to work on, the locks tended to scale well, e*tc*.).

But I am trying to remember if C or UNIX was on a Nova or an Eclipse.  This
could be my failed memory, given that so many people ported V7 in the late
1970s (the infamous 'NUIX' bug from the Series/1 port probably being my
favorite tale).  So to the hive mind, did anyone (DG themselves or a
University) ever build 16 or 32-bit tools for the DG architectures and do a
UNIX port, and if so, does anyone know what became of those efforts?  Is
this something that needs to be in the TUHS archives also?

Clem
ᐧ