On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 9:16 AM Warner Losh wrote: > > > On Mon, Nov 28, 2022, 7:07 AM Clem Cole wrote: > >> As far as I know, the first non-commercial work was done at the Naval >> Post Grad school with V6. I have never seen the code for it, only a paper, >> so I don't know too much about it to comment. >> > > I tried to find the code a couple of years ago, but no joy. And the timing > suggested he may have started with/used V5, since the paper is dated June > 75 and V6 was released in May 75. > Thanks - that makes sense. As I said, I never saw the code, and again, it agrees with my observation that this was 'pre-USENIX,' particularly since I believe that those folks are in CA and the original USENIX people were in NYC and Boston folks, so they would have been less likely to be a part. ᐧ