No worries Dave. I was a die hard moto fan. And I’m the first to tell you the Intel ISA is wretched. But what I have learned is that it does not matter. They are all dataflow systems internally at this point. On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:56 AM Dave Horsfall wrote: > On Wed, 5 Feb 2020, Dan Cross wrote: > > > Perhaps I've sent this story to TUHS before, but I can't resist. > > "finger: the most inappropriately named command in computerdom" (no, > > that's not a challenge...). > > [ Hilarious story ] > > Back in ye olde Usenet days, someone had an animated .plan which was all > about the "Andalusian snail" (the "@" character was the snail). It used > ANSI escape sequences, showing it in the 25th line (the "status" line), > and was quite funny. > > Of course, you had to have the right speed; too fast, and it just zipped > past, and too slow, well, it, just crawled along :-) ISTR that 9600 was > about right. > > Anyone remember that? > > Oh, my .plan in those days said "To rid the world of Intel chips" (sorry > Clem, but this was back in the days of Intel vs. Moto). It now reads "To > rid the world of M$ software" but these days the finger service is > generally blocked. > > -- Dave -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual