On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 11:03 AM Will Senn wrote: > Has anyone seen Fraser's original ratfor source for the s editor for unix > on the PDP-11. It was a screen editor front-end built on top of Software > Tools's edit. I've seen a c version, but I'm interested in the 375 line > version :). I'm not sure they are the same editor. The C program called s is part of Webb Miller's Software Tools Sampler and it's a full editor, not a front end [see: Webb Miller's S Tiny VI editor ]. By design, it is mostly vi compatible. This paper from Chris Feazer seems to be a front end for SWT editor, and was original done on the PDP-10 [which makes sense] and seems to be contemporary to the vi work at UCB and in fact called back to the SWT editor (which was >>modeled<< on UNIX ed), as opposed to ex/vi which are extensions to the v6 implementation of the UNIX ed editor.