much of what Evi says from an administrator standpoint will apply. That said if you are running V6 get a copy of the Lion's text. For real synthesis, maje sure your copy is an nth generation xerographic copy😅. Seriously go to Amazon and get the modern reprint. On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:02 AM Paul Riley wrote: > And, as a matter of interest, is there a book for V6? > > Paul > > *Paul Riley* > > > > > On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 at 06:28, Scot Jenkins wrote: > >> joseph turco wrote: >> >> > I was wondering if there exists a book on Unix administration, >> specifically >> > for v7. I have the Unix programmers book already. >> >> Introducing the UNIX System, (c) 1983, ISBN 0-07-045001-3 >> by Henry McGilton and Rachel Morgan >> >> The book covers V7 and is a general intro to UNIX. >> It has one chapter on administration near the end >> of the book. It covers very basic stuff: >> >> * setting the date >> * startup/shutdown >> * users and groups, su command >> * file systems (mkfs, mount, umount, fsck, icheck, ncheck) >> * adding devices (mknod) >> * dump, restor, tar >> >> Overall though this is still a great book on UNIX in general, >> even today. Great tutorials on ed, sed, ex, vi, nroff/troff, >> and ms macros make it worthwhile to own. >> >> scot >> > -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual