On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 7:40 AM wrote: > Is the rogue source extant? > Yes -- but ... > > ISTR that rogue only came as a binary, there was no source. > That was true at first, certainly the original binary was passed around. It might have been an early net.noise pass around, but ISTR for Tektronix on V7 I got the binary from someone at UCB directly -- Mark Bales, maybe, who was a UCB doing a summer Internship and he may have brought them with him. The sources were later released as part of a CSRG release in the post 4.2 timeframe ??reno/tahoe I think??, but by then the binary for the Vax was pretty popular and the sources had begun to sneak out - as I know I had them at Masscomp and Sun had them too. Paul Cantrell (of video teco fame) created a color version of it and IIRC may have added some other graphics when running on a Masscomp tube. ᐧ