The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com>
To: Douglas McIlroy <douglas.mcilroy@dartmouth.edu>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Nice video with Brian Kernighan
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 12:17:02 -0400	[thread overview]

Doug,

No matter.  I have often thought about what an amazing muse you were to so
many people regarding so many different ideas that have panned out.  It
seems to me that you were always there at the right time.  Your powers to
get the best from everyone around you are unlike anyone else I have ever
been lucky enough to have met. Although I have also often said to students
the one really hard thing to directly teach, that you can learn by looking
at people that came before you is 'good taste.'   We all owe you as much
thanks for being there and inspiring your peers, as for their brilliance in
implementing the concepts with style and taste.

Clem
ᐧ