On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Larry McVoy wrote: > Back in the days of 4MB SPARC machines (and 68K machines) we joked > ​ ​ > that EMACS stood for Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping. > ​To me the good news is was if you could laugh at yourself I think it was pretty sign. There were a bunch of them... two more I can remember: LISP -- Lots of Insipidly Silly Parens Multics - Many Unbelievably Large Tables In Core Simultaneously ​ There was a Fortran one I've forgotten that started with "Friendly Only" .. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: