On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 1:37 PM Lars Brinkhoff wrote: > John Cowan wrote: > > Early versions of PDP-7 [Unix] used the same process model as Tenex > > I understand both Tenex and Unix got the concept of "fork" from Project > Genie. Should be required reading of all intro to OS students: Programming Semantics for Multiprogrammed Computations Jack B. Dennis and Earl C. Van Horn Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts Volume 9 / Number 3 / March, 1966 [If your Internet search fails you and/or you find it behind an ACM paywall or the like, drop me a line, I'll forward a PDF of a scan]. ᐧ ᐧ