Hello! Dave can you explain how all of you managed to connect a Sun 3/50 window to a Convex? I can of course imagine how those dweebs did that trick. As for annoying marketing droids, I did that myself back when the original RS/6000 came out. Interesting contraption and I never did appreciate what it grew up into. ----- Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again." On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote: > On Thu, 1 Jan 2015, Ronald Natalie wrote: > >> I guess y’all aren’t with the baptists. > > Hilarious! > > The AUUG conferences seem pretty tame by comparison; one year, we used the > menu holders as catapults (I don't know where we got the rubber bands) and > dotted the ceiling with toothpicks (they were still there at a subsequent > conference). Or am I confusing that with a Caving conference? > > At another (Warren will remember this one, as he was involved) we refaced > a Pyramid poster (KNOW UNIX, THINK PYRAMID) to "NO UNIX IN PYRAMID", with > the strategic application of napkins and some gaffer tape that we'd dug up > from somewhere... Gary Jackson took it well. > > At an early one, when Gould first came out, we social-engineered their > booth-marketoid into giving us root access; the buggers never did pay the > bounty, claiming that we'd cheated. Well, yeah... > > At yet another, we had a Sun 3/50 window connected to a Convex, and acted > all innocent when various dweebs did the old "echo 99k2vp..." etc trick. > > Sigh; I miss the AUUG conferences. > >> People took it pretty tongue in cheek when they were presented. All >> except Redman who flew off the handle. > > Some people have no sense of humour. Did anyone actually, err, avail > themselves of this unique opportunity? > > -- > Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU) "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server." > http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there) > _______________________________________________ > TUHS mailing list > TUHS at minnie.tuhs.org > https://minnie.tuhs.org/mailman/listinfo/tuhs >