The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] More oldies but goodies available if anyone wants them
@ 2020-01-23 19:01 Jon Steinhart
From: Jon Steinhart @ 2020-01-23 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Kind of scary what's in my basement.  For those of you building UNIX
workstations in the early days, I have a big fat notebook full of
Weitek floating point chip specs, many of which are marked as preliminary.
Also a set of CORBA specs.  Again, low-hanging fruit that's getting
recycled unless anyone has a use for them.

In the not completely sure that I want to part with them yet for some
strange reason, I have a set of SunOS manuals.

Also, if anyone collects old hardware I have a SparcStation 20 with a
slightly modified SunOS sitting around and an Ultra 60 Solaris box.

Jon

* Re: [TUHS] More oldies but goodies available if anyone wants them
@ 2020-01-23 23:01 ` Kevin Bowling
From: Kevin Bowling @ 2020-01-23 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Steinhart; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

What are the mods?  I have a stack of 10s and 20s but will take it for safe
keeping if nobody else will.

@ 2020-01-23 23:08 ` Gregg Levine
From: Gregg Levine @ 2020-01-23 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Steinhart; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Hello!
At one point I'd be delighted to take one or the other of the Sun
boxes, but I've been advised to no longer do that. Kevin do me a favor
and take both. However... I'm looking for DEC Terminal Server devices,
the Model 90L or Model 90L Plus devices.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com

@ 2020-01-23 23:48   ` Jon Steinhart
From: Jon Steinhart @ 2020-01-23 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society

Kevin Bowling writes:

> What are the mods?  I have a stack of 10s and 20s but will take it for safe
> keeping if nobody else will.
>
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:01 PM Jon Steinhart <jon@fourwinds.com> wrote:
>
> > Kind of scary what's in my basement.  For those of you building UNIX
> > workstations in the early days, I have a big fat notebook full of
> > Weitek floating point chip specs, many of which are marked as preliminary.
> > Also a set of CORBA specs.  Again, low-hanging fruit that's getting
> > recycled unless anyone has a use for them.
> >
> > In the not completely sure that I want to part with them yet for some
> > strange reason, I have a set of SunOS manuals.
> >
> > Also, if anyone collects old hardware I have a SparcStation 20 with a
> > slightly modified SunOS sitting around and an Ultra 60 Solaris box.
> >
> > Jon

The Sparc 20 includes the double-buffered graphics board.  Thanks to an
unnamed employee, I got the code to do a kernel mod so that I can run
SunView on the front buffer and X on the rear buffer and switch between
the two by running the mouse off of the side of the screen.

I probably have installation media around for both of these systems.
Which means that I also have a QIC-150 drive to go with 'em.  And a
stack of QIC-150 and QIC-50 tapes that I've been wanting to get rid
of but haven't managed to procure a good bulk eraser yet.  Also may
have Sun DDS-2, DDS-3, and DDS-4 DAT drives; will have to look.  I
also have one of the Archive Python DAT drives with the special SGI
firmware that lets the DDS layer be turned off so that you can read
and write audio DATs; that's currently loaned out and I'd need to
check the status of it.

@ 2020-01-24  8:42     ` Rico Pajarola
From: Rico Pajarola @ 2020-01-24  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Steinhart; +Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society