The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
@ 2013-10-30  8:21 Sergey Lapin
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Sergey Lapin @ 2013-10-30  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, all!
Sorry for slightly off-topic question, but do anybody have a copy of
original circa 1969 RS232C standard? I need it to resolve conflict with me
and my customer regarding if RS-232C REQUIRES the use of DE-25M connector
or just
RECOMMENDS it? It seems that there is a lot of interpretations of this
standard, but
no original document anywhere :(

I know it might cost $$$, but I will pay all needed fees.

All the best,
S.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
@ 2013-10-30 10:31 ` Ronald Natalie
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ronald Natalie @ 2013-10-30 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't have the original standard but if my memory serves me right it was only a recommendation.
OCLC shows a bunch of copies at various university libraries around the country.   How close are  you to a major university?

* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
@ 2013-10-30 10:34 ` Ronald Natalie
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ronald Natalie @ 2013-10-30 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

One on ebay for sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/EIA-Standard-RS-232-C-August-1969-Vintage-PHOTOCOPY-Free-shipping-/190834094137

* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
@ 2013-10-30 13:15 ` Dave Ritchie
From: Dave Ritchie @ 2013-10-30 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.worldcat.org/title/interface-between-data-terminal-equipment-and-data-communication-equipment-employing-serial-binary-data-interchange/oclc/38637094   might be useful to track down a
physical copy of the original document (library search engine - The link above is for the RS-232 spec.)

Best regards,
David Ritchie

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:22 AM, Sergey Lapin <slapinid at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, all!
Sorry for slightly off-topic question, but do anybody have a copy of
original circa 1969 RS232C standard? I need it to resolve conflict with me
and my customer regarding if RS-232C REQUIRES the use of DE-25M connector or just
RECOMMENDS it? It seems that there is a lot of interpretations of this standard, but
no original document anywhere :(

I know it might cost $$$, but I will pay all needed fees.

All the best,

S.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-10-30 13:34 ` Dave Ritchie

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [TUHS] off-topic: RS232C standard
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-10-30 14:07 ` Gregg Levine
From: Gregg Levine @ 2013-10-30 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!
That is a DB-25 Sergei. The 9 pin one that the Newer one uses, is the
DE9 So far the others are all correct.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com