The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Wesley Parish <wobblygong@gmail.com>
To: "Michael Kjörling" <michael@kjorling.se>, tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: Re: [TUHS] A question about ls(1)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 22:35:27 +1200	[thread overview]

I find it ironical; I put some thought into the problem of making a
very small Office Suite a while ago, and concluded that I could make
the text and spreadsheet and database apps dependent on the database
manager foundation, while making the display apps and the layout apps
(for things such as presentation and desktop publishing) dependent on
a web browser layer.

The native file format for such a miniature office suite would've been
the database file format, with options to export to other file
formats. I couldn't see how I could've escaped XML though for
reduction into various display options. It's big, it's not as precise
as TeX, but it's a lot more widely used.

FWVVLIW ...

Wesley Parish