On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 3:58 PM Kevin Bowling wrote: > > > I’m weak in my DEC history and collection but I’ve heard some in person > stories that VMS source was not impossible to find on microfiche at certain > institutions. They might have had at least board level schematics too. > That situation would be roughly equivalent to IBM mainframes through the > 1980s but you’d still be missing a lot of microcode and logic equations to > zoom in at any level for these two examples. > > Someone who had previously worked at Lawrence Livermore Labs offered me the VMS source on microfiche, sometime around 1990. I turned him down... Rik