I usually edit it to say "Was (not Was)". Hmmm. Wouldn't it be great if we had a Markov chain subject generator that sourced the actual email thread contents as its driver, and then when the topic drifted far enough, it simply replaced the subject line with a new creation ? Ooohhh -- another idea -- RFC5322 states that subject may occur from 0 to 1 times per email. Why don't we just delete the subject lines entirely? Michael (it's late. I need to poke a bear) On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Jacob Goense wrote: > On 2020-07-08 00:53, Dave Horsfall wrote: > > On one list I use, a predecessor of it used to require a subject tag > > in the form [Blah] (taken from a set of known tags); I've always hated > > that, but I'm still in the habit of putting my own tag there as a > > hint. > > When I have tuned out of a long running thread and the topic drifts > significantly I'm always grateful to the kind soul that tags..: > > Subject: Re: new [was: old] > -- Michael Usher Senior Wireless Network Engineer University of California, Santa Cruz musher@ucsc.edu 831-459-3697