Congrats. I got this manual some years ago. Yes, it contains some references to commands used apparently to manage the use of phone and comm services by users of, I assume, AT&T services. Nice day, Sergio El vie, 2 dic 2022 6:04, segaloco via TUHS escribió: > Exciting development in the process of finding lost documentation, just > sealed this one on eBay: > https://www.ebay.com/itm/385266550881?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=abbj5srltbk&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY > > After the link is a (now closed) auction for a Western Electric 3B20S UNIX > User's Manual Release 4.1, something I thought I'd never see and wasn't > sure actually exited: print manuals for 4.x. > > Once received I'll be curious to see what differences are obvious between > this and the 3.0 manual, and this should be easy to scan given the comb > binding. What a nice cover too! I always expected if a 4.x manual of some > kind popped up it would feature the falling blocks motif of the two starter > package sets of technical reports, but the picture of a 3B20S is nice. How > auspicious given the recent discussion on the 3B series. I'm particularly > curious to see what makes it specifically a 3B20S manual, if that's > referring to it only having commands relevant to that one or omitting any > commands/info specific to DEC machines. > > Either way, exciting times, this is one of those things that I had > originally set out to even verify existed when I first started really > studying the history of UNIX documentation, so it's vindicating to have > found something floating around out there in the wild. Between this and > the 4.0 docs we now should have a much clearer picture of that gulf between > III and V. > > More to come once I receive it! > > - Matt G. >