The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Were any of the commercial unixes source-available?
@ 2023-09-03  5:19 Joseph Holsten
From: Joseph Holsten @ 2023-09-03  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tautological Eunuch Horticultural Scythians

I’ve been playing around trying to link the OpenSolaris launch commit to various pieces in the Unix History Repository, and it’s making me wonder if we’ll ever have a chance to see the history of the systems.

I’m less concerned about HPUX, AIX and SCO’s offerings since I presume someone has copy inside these companies. But what about A/UX, Irix, Tru64? Did these ever get sold with licenses to source tapes? Are there copies we need to preserve in-camera so something can exist 120 years after creation or whenever copyright expires?

--
Joseph Holsten
http://josephholsten.com