And, as a matter of interest, is there a book for V6? Paul *Paul Riley* On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 at 06:28, Scot Jenkins wrote: > joseph turco wrote: > > > I was wondering if there exists a book on Unix administration, > specifically > > for v7. I have the Unix programmers book already. > > Introducing the UNIX System, (c) 1983, ISBN 0-07-045001-3 > by Henry McGilton and Rachel Morgan > > The book covers V7 and is a general intro to UNIX. > It has one chapter on administration near the end > of the book. It covers very basic stuff: > > * setting the date > * startup/shutdown > * users and groups, su command > * file systems (mkfs, mount, umount, fsck, icheck, ncheck) > * adding devices (mknod) > * dump, restor, tar > > Overall though this is still a great book on UNIX in general, > even today. Great tutorials on ed, sed, ex, vi, nroff/troff, > and ms macros make it worthwhile to own. > > scot >