On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 9:40 PM Theodore Ts'o wrote: > We just wanted to be able to have multiple xterms > and Emacs windows. > In fact that's pretty much what I do to this day: I do everything in terminals and do browsing etc. elsewhere. At that point, X windows wasn't *flaky* per se, but rem If you got > the calculations wrong, the image might not be stable, but that wasn't > a software bug so much as it was a configuration error. > However, most configuration errors can't reduce your hardware to a useless pile of junk, whereas older CRT monitors could definitely be destroyed if the configuration was too far off nominal.