On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 4:50 PM Marc Donner wrote: (Recently I mentioned to Doug McIlroy that I had infiltrated IBM East > Fishkill, reputedly one of the largest semiconductor fabs in the world, > with UNIX back in the 1980s. He suggested that I write it up and share it > here, so here it is.) > Some editions of the Jargon File contain an entry for _branch to Fishkill_, defined as "Any unexpected jump in a program that produces catastrophic or just plain weird results" and attributed to IBM. Are you familiar with this term? Did it have a specific reference within IBM? In any case, this is a great story!