On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 8:54 AM Brian Zick wrote: > I am very curious to hear more about the implications and practical > benefits of this from folks that have thoroughly explored it. In my > experience I’ve mainly used APIs, and I’m having trouble imagining the > other approach other than for text-processing. > See for an explanation of Flow-Based Programming, a realization of the same pipelining idea, but extended to arbitrary directed graphs with multiple input and output ports. It was developed in complete ignorance of Unix pipelines except by bare and misleading report, and in entirely distinct application domains, yet with exact convergence. "It steam-engines when it comes steam-engine time."