On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 1:32 AM John Gilmore wrote: > There was clearly a lot of cross-fertilization between early APL systems > and Bon. (APL was the first computer language I dug deeply into.) Some > of the common elements are the interactive execution environment, > untyped variables, and automatic application of builtin functions (like > +) across all elements of arrays. > In particular, doing gotos by assigning to a variable is very old-school APL. John Cowan http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan cowan@ccil.org Is a chair finely made tragic or comic? Is the portrait of Mona Lisa good if I desire to see it? Is the bust of Sir Philip Crampton lyrical, epical or dramatic? If a man hacking in fury at a block of wood make there an image of a cow, is that image a work of art? If not, why not? --Stephen Dedalus