On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 4:11 PM David Barto wrote: > So even M$ sees that Linux could be a threat in the long term and is > making an attempt to prevent it from harming the M$ universe. > MS is making a mint letting people run Linux on Azure rent-a-boxen, which now runs on more Azure instances than Windows does. They aren't anti-Linux any more. Indeed, they are contributing to the Linux kernel now to make it run better on WSL. See, you can run your Linux code on Windows, why do you want to > run Linux now? 8^)s I think the real motivation is to get developers off Macs. Many people (including me at my last two jobs) are developing on Mac OS and deploying on Linux. With WSL, developers can develop on Linux(-on-Windows) and deploy on Linux (for reals). This also makes corporate IT happy, because they want all employees to have Windows, Office, etc. etc. John Cowan http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan cowan@ccil.org The Penguin shall hunt and devour all that is crufty, gnarly and bogacious; all code which wriggles like spaghetti, or is infested with blighting creatures, or is bound by grave and perilous Licences shall it capture. And in capturing shall it replicate, and in replicating shall it document, and in documentation shall it bring freedom, serenity and most cool froodiness to the earth and all who code therein. --Gospel of Tux