On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:00 AM Dave Horsfall wrote: > Congratubloodylations, as we say down-under; it is well-deserved. > Without Unix I'd probably still be supporting RSX-11 and VMS etc; their > foray into Unix (Eunice) was doomed. > Whose foray? Not DEC's. Eunice was built at SRI and sold by the Wollongong Group, who must have had Downundrian connections. I was always very happy with it, as I am with Cygwin today. Ultrix, on the other hand, was DEC's: a BSD with SysV hacks, as opposed to Solaris which was the other way around. The Dilbert strip probably explains why everyone who could, wore beards in those days. Just to prevent that mistake. John Cowan http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan cowan@ccil.org Being understandable rather than obscurantist poses certain risks, in that one's opinions are clear and therefore falsifiable in the light of new data, but it has the advantage of encouraging feedback from others. --James A. Matisoff