On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 18:06, Clem Cole wrote: > > BTW: A thing to remember is that symbolic links are not a wide spread when > all of this was going on in the early 1980s, so they really did not have a > lot to do with the /home idea. In the case of symbolic links, Dennis had > created them as part of V8, but 4.1BSD and System III (PWB 3.0) did not > have the idea yet. BSD 4.2 would later get them as part of FFS, but I > don’t remember if 4.1c did (the kernel source was not in Warren’s browsable > archive so I could not check). > 4.1c did indeed have symlinks; the "4.1c.1" source on the CSRG CD set has the code for them. lib/libc/sys/symlink.c revision 4.1 is dated 82/12/04, so that's about the time they went in. -Henry > ᐧ >