-.TH KILL 1 -.SH NAME -kill \- terminate a process with extreme prejudice One of my favorite references. At least the offensive fortunes still survive in some form? -Henry On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 11:24, Norman Wilson wrote: > In the Seventh Edition manual, a joke was added to > the entry for kill(1). It appears in every following > Research manual, but seems to have been discarded > by all modern descendants. > > I guess the prejudice against humour in the manual > is extreme these days. > > Norman Wilson > Toronto ON >