On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 at 10:45, KenUnix wrote: > Morning, > > I am using enblock to create tap files from tar files. > > Was a program ever written to convert tap files to tar files or > a Linux program that could read tap files? > > I also see that writing to a tap file from Unix the size increases > when writing multiple files however when writing 1 file to the tap > file "tar cv0 ..." the tap file still remains at its larger size from the > previous larger writes. Is this what is expected? > > Thanks, > Ken > Hi Ken, Questions like this are probably better suited to the SIMH mailing list. https://groups.io/g/simh That being said, is there a reason you're bothering to convert to tap format? Modern versions of SIMH can do "attach [file] -f tar [device]" to directly attach a tar file to a tape device. -Henry