On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 13:34, Henry Bent wrote: > On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 13:26, Seth Morabito wrote: > >> On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, at 10:13 AM, Henry Bent wrote: >> > On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 12:28, Mary Ann Horton Gmail >> wrote: >> >> Does anyone have anything put together that can easily do the "leroy" >> >> thing described here: >> >> >> >> http://www.stargatemuseum.org/maps/032383.GRF.txt >> >> >> >> and produce the graphical map it contains? >> >> >> >> Mary Ann >> > >> > I got as far as compiling leroy on 4.1C BSD and feeding the attached >> files through it. >> >> I'm impressed that you were able to find leroy! I just did about fifteen >> minutes of searching online and was unable to find it. If you wouldn't >> mind, could you share it with us? I'd enjoy playing with it. >> > > It's on the 1981 Usenix tape, in the ucol directory: > https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/Shoppa_Tapes/usenix_81.tar.gz > > It looks like leroy produces output for an "extended" form of plot; from > the docs: > -- > The plot stream leroy emits is intended for, and must > be directed to, an extended UNIX plot filter. These filters > recognize a number of commands not included in the vanilla > seventh edition filters, mostly dealing with the Hershey > fonts. The extended plot filters are upward compatible with > their predecessors and have been implemented in a fashion > which makes tailoring new devices filters very straightfor- > ward. The source code is available on request. Filters > currently exist for the Tektronix 4014, the Versatec, the > HP7221A, and the Qume. > -- > > -Henry > I realized that UCol was using a PDP-11, not a VAX, so I switched to running things under Ultrix 3.1. Using the extended plot libraries that UCol provided on the usenix tape, I was able to get Tektronix 4014 output which I was able to run through a modern tek2plot. Here are links to the raw plot file and an SVG, which I think is most useful for this sort of display. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mdAYvjlAq7qp5KyJWQrgMwefOfq7XuC/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tX7Qclk-1V5BOrXWKP0bZouf6PoZ3KlK/view?usp=sharing -Henry