On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 21:31, Mary Ann Horton wrote: > PL/I was my favorite mainframe programming language my last two years as > an undergrad. I liked how it incorporated ideas from FORTRAN, ALGOL, and > COBOL. My student job was to enhance a PL/I package for a History > professor. > What language were the PL/I compilers written in? Wikipedia claims that IBM is still developing a PL/I compiler, which I suppose I have no reason to disbelieve, but I'm very curious as to who is using it and for what purpose. -Henry