On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 at 17:37, Rob Pike wrote: > I had forgotten about that tool, along with many others. "Comp" sounds > plausible but as I said, I forget. (Not a sign of age; my memory for > details is no match for Clem's; to me stage actors are superheroes). > Remembering the blocking and the actor's names for a play you saw thirty years ago would be an impressive feat, but I would argue that it is much more beneficial in the long run to remember the basic plot and the message that the production was attempting to convey. > This history stuff is fun because of the reminder of a time when tools were simple and you could create a whole new one in an afternoon. Indeed, that's a nearly impossible task now. We have transitioned to a world where you can say, "here's my sketch for a program that I think would be useful," and that sketch is either a basic chapter outline or you've only finished writing chapter one. You put it up on Github, try to give it a little publicity, and hope that others can share your vision or at least provide constructive criticism. -Henry