On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 18:51, Michael Parson wrote: > > My current boss was a news admin at Dejanews and was there during > their end days. I was the sysadmin for the datacenter (SMARTNAP) that > DejaNews was co-lo'd in. Everyone wanted to peer with my news server > since it fed directly into Dejanews' stuff which was a couple of racks > down from my stuff. > > Google bought Deja and ruined it. I knew the head sysadmin from Dejanews very well and I remember his story about them being bought out by Google. Google flew in a bunch of engineers with a bunch of disks, imaged the whole database over a weekend, and then fired everyone. Good times. -Henry